Andriy Sadovyy, Lviv City Mayor
Dr John Heeley, Director of Best Destination Marketing,
writer, teacher and consultant specialising in city marketing,
Interim Chief Executive Officer of European Cities Marketing
Session: “Power in Unity”: City Tourism Partnerships (Part I)
(It's about involving partners to common success):
- Analysis of key drivers for change;- New trends - new forms of partnerships;- Public-private partnership in city tourism;- Implications for destination tourism management;- Setting up and leading City Marketing Organization (planning operations, financial schemes, structure, etc.).
more finance as well as better operations
Presentation is dedicated to the topic of creating DestinationManagement Organizations and will give an advice on how to set andto lead this kind of organizations, how to plan financing andoperations within DMO.
success story: East German Tourism
Partnership “recipes”: thematic weeks of regional cuisine inrestaurants, close links between arts (theater) and restaurants, lessons forrestaurant staff, held by museum specialists, air shuttle to Baltic Seadestinations, jointly organized by hotels and transport business, specialtourist products for handicapped people, and others.
- How destinations change their strategies according to the world tourism trends;- New partnership models in city tourism development;- Inter-city tourism partnerships.
How do the cities change their tourism strategy according to newcustomer needs and behaviour.
The presentation examines the impact of the 'Urban Age' on the dynamics of city tourism and it will give an insight on how Vienna became talk of town with innovative marketing strategies.
Speaker will provide with examples of marketing “wars” of citiesand regions in Europe and Asia. How should marketingstrategy be planned according to the world tourism trends.
16:00 – 16:30 Coffee-break, networking
(It's about enhancing tourism destination by presenting outstanding events):
- Effect of big events on city tourism development (EURO-2012);- Economic impact of European Football Championship (Austria and Switzerland);- The role of tourism, events, theme sites and attractions in the city economy;- Specialized events as a tool for city marketing.
Presentation about the role of European Championship 2012 in citydevelopment in general and in tourism. Defining tourism developmentperspectives in Lviv after hosting the Championship.
Experiences from Austria and Switzerland
The presentation summarizes various studies on the EURO 2008 event –before and after - on economic and social impacts of this event.
City Promotion. Partnership. Reaching the markets.
(it's about presenting your destination to fulfill unspoken wishes):
- Defining key markets in modern competitive environment;- Analysis of the trends in tourism based on changes in lifestyles and consumption patterns;- Reaching modern travellers: defining the trends and finding innovative tools and channels.
empathy is more important than know how!
Vienna marketing strategy (target groups, key markets), practical examples of marketing approaches in markets, the partners of each marketing activities.
11.10 – 11.40 Coffee-break, networking
Improving performance with destination card systems. Destination cards give the customer a feeling of all-inclusive holiday.
Tourism Destination in the 21st Century
Worldwide trends for tourism in Europe. The challenges and barriers for newmarkets.
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch with the speaker (Restaurant La Piazza)
(It's about effecting with the food, accommodation, attractions unbelievably):
- Discussing the trends having a direct impact on tourism operations;- Quality Assurance (city standard development);- Lifestyle business: “delicious” tourism;- Special interest tourism
High-quality service as a key component of positive tourist experience inthe city.
The speaker will share with us success story of planning and cooperationin frames of one big project, aimed at specific tourism market.
The speaker will share the secrets of successful foodtours and cooking classes. Istanbul case.
15:30 – 16:00 Coffee-break, networking
involving business representatives, tourism experts fromUkraine and abroad, local decision-makers.
partners led by Director of Customer Services at visitBerlin - Gabriela Schweinberger, Director of “Lviv Centre for Tourism Development” – Nadiya Radionenko, and Director of Lviv Tourist Information Centre - Olena Holysheva.
Topics covered during the session:
- General overview of tourist information centre: private vs. municipal, types of its financing, etc.- Key components of municipal tourist information centre (staff, printed materials, research and statistics, practical issues and comments)- Innovative tools in tourist information centres’ work, new technologies- On-line presence of TIC: web-site and its updates, social networks, other tools- Involvement of volunteers in the work of Tourist Information Centres
“The Forum is first of all and most importantly about generating debate within Ukraine and within the city. Because until that debate happens at local level, no country, no destination, no city can actually really compete on the international market.”
“Для меня как организатора событий важно встретить коллег и пообщаться с коллегами из соседних областей: из области туризма, из области отелей и ресторанов. Это также чудесная возможность найти точки соприкосновения, где мы можем помочь друг другу.”
“Через обговорення і зустрічі в рамках Форуму ми краще розуміємо, які ще потрібно заходи і пріоритети визначити, для того щоб ми дійсно спромоглися реалізувати комплексну стратегію розвитку міста і робити місто комфортним, привабливим для мешканців і для бізнесу.”